Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Got it......

When I first started practicing ashtanga (about 8 years ago) it took me one year before I was able to successfully bind in Marichasana C.


Now, I didn't practice every day and I spent the first six months or so in a confused, foggy yoga state of mind not really understanding the practice but eventually I got it.  After two or three years of steady practice, life tighten up on me and daily ashtanga was no longer in the cards.  Cut to today, I've been practicing steadily since August (on and off for two years but steadily since August) and, finally I heard my teacher's emphatic "yea"as I managed to bind in the posture.  Now it may not seem like a huge deal but in many ways it really is.  At least to me it is.  Not many people will tell you, much about yoga is confronting fear.  Typically you hear more about the effort expended for two hours leading you into a blissful sea of tranquility to live out the remainder of your day.  That's not always how it goes and dealing with that fact is a huge part of the practice.  For me, there is something that must be lingering deep in my subconscious that prevents me from twisting enough, while relaxing into the pose.  Today I was able to get it.  Let's see what happens tomorrow, perhaps .......


Na.

PS Don't eat sugar.

1 comment:

Search This Blog