Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Today

I practiced today.  I've spent a great number of days not practicing.  Waiting for the new baby, hurrying home to help my wife, working on any one of the number of things I have to "finish before the baby gets here".   I've been a bit anti-asana lately.  In fact, I've been amazed at the ugliness I've seen in the yoga world over the last few months (at least the small part of that world that seems to knock into me and my ashtanga community).  But today I figured I might as well work a practice into the mix.  I didn't do a complete practice only standing and some seated then closing.  I didn't have any expectations.  It was really very good.  I felt really good.  My breath was good.  It was very meditative.  And perhaps for the first time ever, once it was over it was over.  I didn't think about it again (until this post).

Maybe I'll practice tomorrow.  Maybe not.

1 comment:

Search This Blog