Friday, February 5, 2010

Ouch, organic linoleum!

I'm going to try and keep this one short because I'm so tired that I'm suffering from double vision.  I had a pretty good trip to Dallas.  The people in the corporate office have really made an impression on me.  They were all very kind, smart and welcoming.  I got a lot of work done and our sales group will be a lot more effective as a result of our meetings.

So as I mentioned, I practiced.  I was lucky enough to get the one of the "organic" rooms in the hotel.  I thought to myself, what a wonderful concept as the person at the front desk was explaining it to me with a smile on her face.  Basically the manner in which the "organic" room differed from the standard room was the carpeting.  Or lack there of.   You see apparently it's the carpeting and the cleaning of the carpet that makes a standard room a cesspool of harmful, cancer causing, toxic chemicals.  Thankfully my room was "organic" so I had a linoleum floor.  Now linoleum can be made in an environmentally friendly way:


"Environmentally preferred linoleum is made from natural, raw materials. Linseed oil, which comes from the flax plant, is the primary ingredient."   - Armstrong Flooring 


The crap that was in my room was vinyl.  It was about as environmentally friendly as pop-pop's Lincoln Town Car.


This is my room with the fake environmentally friendly flooring.
(Sorry it's not a better picture.  I was using my blackberry.  Those shoes are really very nice.)


Have you ever practiced yoga on a linoleum floor?  It's not very pretty.  I felt like I was hit by a truck after my short, but vigorous practice.


Anyway, all is well now.  I'm home, my plane landed at 1AM, I slept about 2 hours last night and I practice at Y2 this morning.  Other than the pain I was getting in my left chest (sort of like my lung was collapsing) I think the practice went pretty well.


Can't wait 'til Sunday!

1 comment:

Search This Blog